[ncl-install] Resource directory </usr/share/ncarg/resfiles> does not exist

Samrat Rao samrat.rao at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 02:17:28 MDT 2013

Hi,

I was asked to post NCL install questions to this list. So this is a repeat
of my woes about the installation.

The entire NCL installation is in /usr/local/pkgs/ncl_6.1.2
#] ls /usr/local/pkgs/ncl_6.1.2
bin  include  lib

I now have just these two lines in my .bashrc.

export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/pkgs/ncl_6.1.2
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH

#] which ncl
#] /usr/local/pkgs/ncl_6.1.2/bin/ncl
#] env | grep NCARG
NCARG_FONTCAPS=/usr/lib64/ncarg/fontcaps
NCARG_GRAPHCAPS=/usr/lib64/ncarg/graphcaps
NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/pkgs/ncl_6.1.2
NCARG_DATABASE=/usr/lib64/ncarg/database
NCARG_LIB=/usr/lib64/ncarg
NCARG_NCARG=/usr/share/ncarg

#] ng4ex gsun01n -clean
Resource directory </usr/share/ncarg/resfiles> does not exist.

I generally hibernate my desktop as I keep multiple windows open. Could
this be a problem?
--

Samrat Rao