[ncl-install] test problem with ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Apr 8 10:05:56 MDT 2013

Hi Alberto,

The "cpex08.ncgm" is a special file format only recognized by NCAR Graphics tools, and not generic Linux tools.

Trying using "ctrans", which comes with NCL/NCAR Graphics:

    ctrans -d X11 cpex08.ncgm

You will need to click on the window that pops up with your left mouse button to advance through the frames, and/or to close the last window.  I believe this NCGM file only has one frame.

--Mary