[ncl-install] Mac OS

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Sep 25 12:37:03 MDT 2012

On Sep 25, 2012, at 1:34 AM, Erika Folova wrote:

> HI All,
>
> I want to buy a newest Apple laptop. Is there any recommendation which type of Apple Mac OS
> laptop that can be used to run NCL quite well with minimum bugs inside.
> Thanks for the info.

Hi Erika,

NCL should run on just about any Mac that you purchase. It runs on the old Powerbooks, Powerbook Pros, Imac, etc.
Any bugs are not usually related to a particular hardware, but a particular OS release.

For example, there's an issue with the new X11 (XQuartz) server under Mac OS 10.8 (Lion) in which the NCL X11 driver in V6.1.0-beta doesn't work. We think we have
a fix for this in V6.1.0, which should be released soon.