[ncl-install] Debian binary for older gcc?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Oct 10 10:39:57 MDT 2012

he RedHat binaries tend to be flaky for other systems, and our Debian systems are all running 4.3 or later.

However, you may be able to get by using one of the Debian binaries even though you don't have the same version of gcc/gfortran.

So, you could try this one:

ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.Linux_Debian_x86_64_gcc432.tar.gz

or, if you want V6.1.0-beta:

ncl_ncarg-6.1.0-beta.Linux_Debian_i686_gcc432.tar.gz

If it complains about something, send me the error message and I'll see if there's a way we can work around it.

We hope to release V61.0 next week, so you can also wait for that. It will still be "gcc432" though.

--Mary