[ncl-install] Have a problem

孙路 sunl2008 at lzu.edu.cn
Thu Oct 4 06:18:38 MDT 2012

Hello,

    I want to install NCL in CentOS5,with GCC4.12. I have set my envionment variables as what I think is correct in .bashrc

# .bashrc

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
        . /etc/bashrc
fi

# User specific aliases and functions
#NCL
export NCARG_ROOT=/disk1/home/lsun/NCL
export PATH=/disk1/home/lsun/NCL/bin:$PATH
export DISPLAY=my server's IP:0

However, when I type ./ncl in the directory 'bin'
it shows

Copyright (C) 1995-2011 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 6.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:Unable to load System Resource File (null)
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database - named colors unsupported:[errno=2]
NDV_COLORMAP_PATH environment variable not set:
        defaulting to .:$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps
warning:["Palette.c":1527]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid directory encountered in colormap path specification

I hope that I have succeeded expressing my problem, thanks for your help

sincerely

Louis