[ncl-install] unable to compile NCAR graphics examples

Douglas Miller dmiller at unca.edu
Wed Nov 21 14:44:00 MST 2012

    Dear NCL/NCAR Graphics Listserv Readers:

         We have been struggling to get programs that call NCAR Graphics
routines to compile successfully on our Linux machine. The test of the
installation as recommended at

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

using the "ng4ex gsun01n" example worked successfully. However, when I try
the "ncargex cpex08" test, it fails in the compilation step (text output is
attached in file "cpile3"). What switch needs to be "flipped" or what file
needs to be added to the library or include directories that will allow me
to compile programs calling NCAR graphics routines?

          Thank you for any assistance that you can provide!

  Regards,
Doug
--
Douglas K. Miller