[ncl-install] Installing on CYGWIN: ncl gives bad address

Wing-Le Chan wlchan at aori.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon May 28 20:18:58 MDT 2012

Hello,

I've just tried to install NCL with Cygwin-X using
ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.CYGWIN_NT-6.1_i686.tar.gz.
However, I am not able to run ncl as I get the error message:

$ ncl
bash: /usr/local/bin/ncl: Bad address

I'm not sure what's wrong.  I've followed the installation steps, ie
specifying the path in .bashrc
and checking the display environment (xeyes works).

I also ran ng4ex gsun01n, and no separate window opens - the program just
finishes without doing
anything.  I noticed the program tdpackdemo.exe inside /usr/local/bin and
this seems to
run ok with a separate window opening, showing a 3-D plot.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Wing