[ncl-install] install open-dap enabled/ 64 bit ubuntu 12.04

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon May 21 09:47:06 MDT 2012

On May 20, 2012, at 8:58 PM, Sam McClatchie wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've recently done a clean install of Ubuntu 12.04 on a 64 bit machine and decided to try to get the open-dap enabled NCL working (I got NCL running previously but without open-dap, which I need).
>
> I am having what looks to be an architecture-related problem with some of the libraries. Please take a look at the attached documentation of my install process and let me know if I have done something silly.
>
> If the attachment does not reach the list, I will copy and resend.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sam

Hi Sam,

The error looks like you are trying to reference a 32-bit library on a 64-bit machine. I see in your comments you have:

### set the ld_library_path to a 32-bit library location
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu

Since you are on a 64-bit machine and using a 64-bit version of NCL, you need to set this to point to a 64-bit version of the SSL library.

You must be trying to install an OPeNDAP version? This requires the SSL library. If you don't need OPeNDAP, I recommend installing
a non-OPeNDAP 64-bit version of NCL.