[ncl-install] NCL NCARG installation

Jahanzeb Malik malik14406 at itc.nl
Tue May 15 01:51:18 MDT 2012

Dear NCL NCARG,
I am trying to install and run NCL NCARG libraries on my System.  I have downloaded ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.CYGWIN_NT-6.1_i686.tar. I am using CYGWIN on Windows 7. My system is as: CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 with gcc (GCC) 4.5.3 . After unzip the downloaded NCL Version 6.0.0 precompiled binaries, OPeNDAP-enabled, I copied the extracted bin, include, and lib folders in c:\cygwin\home\ folder.  So now I have the contents of the BIN, LIB AND INCLUDE folders at the following location on my system:

C:\cygwin\home\bin
C:\cygwin\home\include
C:\cygwin\home\lib

Now when I type the command ncl -V, it yields
-bash: /home/bin/ncl: Bad address

I will be very grateful to you if you please help me in resolving the issue!

Best Regards
M Jahanzeb Malik
Water resources Dept, ITC
University of Twente, The Netherlands

Mobile No.: +31 65 900 1285
Off. Ph No.: +31 53 48 74 512
Hom Ph No.: +31 53 48 03 999 ext/room 4110