[ncl-install] here is my problem

佳 刘 ljia1232003 at yahoo.com.cn
Mon May 7 23:39:32 MDT 2012

dear friends,
  I am a newbie.In the process of installation,when I set the DISPLAY environment variable I don not know the localhost number.If I set it to 0.0,it comes as follows:

NCAR Graphics NCL Example <gsun01n>
This example was set up to display the output to an
X11 window.
  Copying gsun01n.ncl
Running NCL...
 Copyright (C) 1995-2009 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.1.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:GKS:GOPWK: --X driver error: error opening display
warning:GKS:GESC: --SPECIFIED WORKSTATION IS NOT OPEN
fatal:Workstation with PID#8 is not open
fatal:Unable to open Workstation-Can't Create
fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
fatal:_NhlCreate:Invalid Parent id #-4
fatal:NhlGetValues:PID #-4 is invalid
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 9810 in file $NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/nclex/gsun/gsn_code.ncl
fatal:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 11
Finished running 'ncl < gsun01n'...

what should I do with that?

this is liujia