[ncl-install] having problem executing the command line ncl_filedump

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 20 10:21:36 MDT 2012

Maricel,

I suggest creating the .bashrc file from scratch, using a UNIX editor like "vi" or "nedit" or "gedit". However, you will need do this from a Cygwin window.

If you can't start a Cygwin window, then you will be unable to run NCL. You need to get this problem resolved first.

Try to capture the Cygwin error, and report it to the Cygwin folks. You should first check out their FAQ:

http://cygwin.com/faq.html

--Mary