[ncl-install] install NCL6.1.0beta on Ubuntu11.10

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jul 19 11:09:33 MDT 2012

Please see the general instructions at:

  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

Since you are new to NCL and Linux I recommend downloading a precompiled binary for LINUX, rather than source code. This is under the "Install the NCL binaries" link.

We don't have a precompiled binary for Ubuntu, but you should be able to use one of the Debian or RedHat binaries.

You have to know whether your system is 32-bit or 64-bit, and also what version of gcc/gfortran you have on your system. There's information on this at:

  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml

--Mary