[ncl-install] NCL missing library? (Running under Snow Leopard 64-bit, 10.6.8)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 18 08:57:37 MST 2012

Hi Luis,

Do you have any libstc++.xxx files on your system? If so, and they are in a different location than /usr/local/lib, then you may need to add this path to your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.

  export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/some/path/here

or

  setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH /some/path/here

If you already have a DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH set:

  export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/some/path/here:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

or

  setenv DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH /some/path/here:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

If you are missing the library, then you may need to install XCode on your Mac.

--Mary