[ncl-install] NCL in Edubundu

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Feb 23 08:41:49 MST 2012

Dear Gibies,

We are not the folks who provide the version of NCL that you got via apt-get.
It appears that this version is OPeNDAP enabled, and hence you will need to
install this version of libssl on your system.

Please see these notes about dealing with this very issue:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml#SharedLibraries

If this doesn't help, then I recommend downloading a non-OPeNDAP enabled version
of NCL via www.earthsystemgrid.org.

Instructions are here:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

--Mary