[ncl-install] Hosted Web Server

Alan Crouse ac_soaring at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 18:38:26 MST 2012

I am trying to use a hosted web server to generate ncl plots of wrfout data.  Things seem to be going well in that ncl starts and seems to accept my input parameters.  But, ncl dies when it tries to read the wrfout file with a fairly ugly error:

ncl: v1hpg.c:189: v1h_get_nc_type: Assertion `type == NC_BYTE || type == NC_CHAR || type == NC_SHORT || type == NC_INT || type == NC_FLOAT || type == NC_DOUBLE' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I have ssh access to the hosted web server, though access is limited.  The file tests fine with ncdump on my local machine.

Thoughts on things to try/test?

Thank you,

Alan Crouse