[ncl-install] NCL 6.1, Batch Jobs, and Plot Problems

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 10 13:34:57 MST 2012

Hi Walter,

Sorry you're having problems with V6.1. I don't think it has to do with your differing versions of gcc.

I think this is likely due to the new changes we made to the graphics in V6.1.

Can you provide a sample script (and data) so we can try running it here to reproduce the problem? You can use our ftp:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/report_bug.shtml#HowToFTP

Also, when you say "interactive prompt", do you mean the UNIX prompt or the NCL prompt?

That is, are you typing "ncl" to get into NCL's interactive mode, and then cutting-and-pasting the script to run it, or do you run it from the UNIX command line with something like:

    ncl myscript.ncl

?