[ncl-install] NCL in Edubundu

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 10 08:24:46 MDT 2012

The built-in functions are part of the "ncl" executable, and you won't find them in a file or folder.

The wrf_xxxx analysis functions are Fortran routines, that are "wrapped" so they can be called from NCL.

You can download the NCL source code from www.earthsystemgrid.org. Once you "gunzip" and "tar -xvf" the file,
the WRF Fortran files will be in $NCARG/ni/src/lib/nfpfort:

ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_bint3d.f
ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_pvo.f
ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_relhl.f
ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_rip_phys_routines.f
ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_user.f
ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_user_dbz.f
ni/src/lib/nfpfort/wrf_user_latlon_routines.f

The "wrappers" that call these Fortran routines are all in $NCARG/ni/src/lib/nfp.

--Mary