[ncl-install] Segmentation fault with NCL

Mateus Teixeira mateus.teixeira at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 09:41:26 MDT 2011

Dear NCL users,

Please, avoid installing NCL in Fedora using *yum *command.

I've recently noted a problem using *ut_calendar* function with this
installation: NCL is aborted and a Segmentation Fault message is issued. I
didn't look for the source of this problem.

I've noted this problem in machines with Fedora 12, 13, 14 and 15, in which
the 5.2.0 version of the NCL were installed.

I was using this approach mainly because the differences between GCC
versions used for binaries and that available with Fedora. However, after
have noted this problems, I have seen that even with different GCC versions,
NCL binaries work very well in Fedora.

Best regards,

--
Mateus da Silva Teixeira