[ncl-install] warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?

Marcelino II Villafuerte mqvillafuerte at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 21:00:25 MST 2011

Dear all,

I just recently downloaded the ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.Linux_RedHat_
x86_64_gcc412.tar.gz. Unpacked them and put all its contents (e.g. those in
libs folder to /usr/local/lib, bin contents to /usr/local/bin and include
contents to /usr/local/include). After typing ncl the following message is
received:

*warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:Unable to load System Resource File (null)
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App
Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value -
Using NULL
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App
Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value -
Using NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database -
named colors unsupported:[errno=2]
NDV_COLORMAP_PATH environment variable not set:
        defaulting to .:$NCARG_ROOT/lib/ncarg/colormaps
warning:["Palette.c":1527]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid directory
encountered in colormap path specification
ncl 0>
*
How can I fix the problem? I'm using centos5.7 os in a desktop.

Thank you very much!