[ncl-install] (no subject)

Eylander, John ERD John.B.Eylander at usace.army.mil
Mon Nov 21 11:27:25 MST 2011

I'm trying to install NCL/NCARG using the MACPORTS interface and having problems.  Every time I try to download/install the package I get a checksum error.  Any tips you might have to help me overcome this error would be appreciated.

Error message:

--->  Computing dependencies for ncarg
--->  Fetching archive for ncarg
--->  Attempting to fetch ncarg-6.0.0_3+gcc44.darwin_10.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/ncarg
--->  Fetching ncarg
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for ncarg
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.tar.gz
Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for ncl_ncarg-6.0.0.tar.gz
***
The non-matching file appears to be HTML. See this page for possible reasons
for the checksum mismatch:
<https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers>
***
Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file checksums
Log for ncarg is at: /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_science_ncarg/ncarg/main.log
To report a bug, see <http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets>

I'm just updated my MACPORTS yesterday (selfupdate and update outdated).

I'm running the latest version of Snow Leopard (Intel 10.6.8).

v/r

John

John Eylander
Army Cold Regions Research & Engineering Lab
Engineer Research & Development Center
72 Lyme Road
Hanover, NH  03755

John.B.Eylander at usace.army.mil
PH:  603-646-4188    Mobile: 603-359-9717