[ncl-install] Fwd: error in cairo

ya afshar ya.afshar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 00:57:35 MDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ya afshar <ya.afshar at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 6:53 PM
Subject: error in cairo
To: ncl-install at ucar.edu

Dear sir/madam

To whom it may concern,

Thank you very much for your great effort.
I used to install NCL with no problem at all using intel compiler, but
installing the new version 5.2.1 seems to be rather difficult although I am
more experienced.

At installing the *cairo software, *I have installed all parts with no
problem even when ever possible I use the make check and test to be sure
about the correctness of installation, till reaching the cairo itself, at
this part installation goes well with no problem, but make check gives this
strange error:

./cairo-wideint-type-private.h(125): remark #193: zero used for undefined
preprocessing identifier "HAVE_UINT128_T"
  #if !HAVE_UINT128_T
       ^

INLINING OPTION VALUES:
  -inline-factor: 100
  -inline-min-size: 30
  -inline-max-size: 230
  -inline-max-total-size: 2000
  -inline-max-per-routine: 10000
  -inline-max-per-compile: 125000

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.1.2/../../../../lib64/crt1.o: In function
`_start':
(.text+0x20): undefined reference to `main'
make[2]: *** [headers-standalone] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/state/partition1/Files/NCL/cairo-1.8.8/src'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/state/partition1/Files/NCL/cairo-1.8.8'
make: *** [check] Error 2

Please help me or give me a hint what should I do, I almost examined
everything comes to my mind.

I am using* intel compiler Version 11.1* on a* rocks cluster version 5.4.*

My configure options are:

export CC=icc
export CXX=icpc
export FC=ifort
export F77=ifort
export F90=ifort
export FFLAGS='-fPIC'
export F90FLAGS='-fPIC'
export CFLAGS='-O -ansi -fPIC'
export CXXFLAGS='-O -ansi -fPIC'
export CPPFLAGS='-DNDEBUG'

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/NCL/lib/pkgconfig
export PATH=/opt/NCL/bin:$PATH

./configure  --prefix=/opt/NCL
make
make check

I also checked it with no fPIC option and also with no flags option at all,
but I got the same error each time.

I am really looking forward to hearing from you in your earliest convenient
time.

Best Regards,
Yaser