[ncl-install] Installing ncarg-v4.0 on OpenSuse 11.3

Jemma Wu jemma.wu at mq.edu.au
Wed Feb 16 21:57:42 MST 2011

Hi Mary,

Thank you for your help.

I have successfully installed NCARG 5.2.1 (compiled with ifort/icc) on my
new server. I tested one of our old Fortran models and found that there is
one incompatible ncarg function (mapchi in v4.0 has been changed to mdpchi
in v5).

My question is, do you know if there are many such incompatible functions
between ncarg.v4.0 and ncarg.v5? Since I have lots of Fortran codes (~20000
subroutines) to migrate, I want to know how much effort I need to solve this
incompatibility problems.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jemma