[ncl-install] ncl-ncarg 5.2.1 with grib2

David Brown dbrown at ucar.edu
Mon Feb 7 11:33:50 MST 2011

Hi Carina,

The compiler is not finding the grib2.h header file. Did you follow the directions for the g2clib where is says to do the following (after suitably modifying the Makefile):

  make all
  mv libgrib2c.a /usr/local/lib
  cp grib2.h /usr/local/include

Then assuming that grib2.h is in /usr/local/include have you added that directory to the list of include directories during the configuration process? Note if you used another directory to put the required libraries, then you need add that directory to the list of include directories that should be searched.

Hope this helps.
 -dave