[ncl-install] version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ncl)

Thomas Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Tue Dec 20 10:38:09 MST 2011

HI Daniel,

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 11:18 PM, Bannister, Daniel L.
<danban70 at bas.ac.uk> wrote:
> ncl: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.7' not found (required by ncl)
> I'm not sure what has happend as the first time I tried it, it was working,
> and the XY plot was created. The second time I tried it, and thereafter, the
> above message comes up.

The only explanation I can think of for it to work once and then stop
would be that libc.so.6 (appropriate version) exists somewhere on your
system and was on your path the first time you invoked the program,
but was not on your path subsequently. Did you cd, or switch from root
to another user, or something else that might change your path
variable?

HTH,
Dave

--
Q: Why should this email be 5 sentences or less?
A: http://five.sentenc.es