[ncl-install] command line issues

Matt McKenzie mmckenz9 at utk.edu
Wed Dec 14 09:23:46 MST 2011

Mary,
Could you give me some pointers on installing it on a Cray?  I've gone
through our previous version's install scripts (we use build scripts
to compile our packages on Kraken). I'll be using GNU compilers like
you suggested.  Cray's have optimized compiler wrappers, so instead of
calling gcc, I'll be calling cc (gfortran, its ftn and g++ it is CC).
I am not certain on how the build goes though.  It seems it builds
multiple packages sequentially.  Do you have any web documentation for
this?
thanks and cheers
matt