[ncl-install] command line issues

Matt McKenzie mmckenz9 at utk.edu
Tue Dec 13 07:36:48 MST 2011

Greetings
I am working with a researchers and they use NCL - I am no expert at
it, it is a very good tool.  We've found a bug/ issue with setting
variables on the command line.  All other NCL functionality works
properly. The version of NCL you are running (ncl -V   this command
works fine).
Both 5.0.0 and 5.2.1

The shortest NCL script possible that illustrates the bug.
krakenpf7(XT5):~> ncl -n 'x=10'
Copyright (C) 1995-2010 - All Rights Reserved
NCAR Command Language Version 5.2.1
The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
Segmentation fault

Any data files needed to run your script.
Just variables and command line.

A graphic (PostScript file, PDF file, NCGM file, etc.) that
illustrates the problem.
See text above.

The exact error message (if any).
See above.  It can run ncl scripts, set variables within the ncl
interface- just not command line.

The type of system you're on (usually "uname -a" is enough).
NICS - Kraken (Cray machine)

Any suggestions would be great, many thanks & cheers
matt

--
Matthew McKenzie, Ph.D.
HPC Consultant