[ncl-install] I have question for NCL install that version and specifications

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 30 07:59:32 MST 2010

Normally I would recommend that you download a precompiled non-OPeNDAP enabled binary to start with, and download the latest version available (5.2.1). If you download source code, then you may have to build several other external software packages from scratch.

However, you said you have gcc 3.4.5, which we don't have a binary for. The closest thing is this file, which is OPeNDAP-enabled:

ncl_ncarg-5.2.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc346.tar.gz

Try this one to start with.

--Mary