[ncl-install] install on SGI

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 2 09:05:09 MDT 2010

Dear Feng XY,

We don't have any precompiled binaries available for IRIX 6.5, but we have built NCL on this platform in the past, so it should work.

You can download the source code:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/

and then read these instructions for building from source:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

Use the SGI_IRIX file in the top level "config" directory for setting
up your compilers and options.

--Mary