[ncl-install] Fwd: error with NCL installation and command run

dipak sahu dipakmath at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 03:10:37 MDT 2010

Dear NCL experts

    I'm a first time user of NCL scripts with WRF model, i have installed  *
ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.AIX_5.3_pwr6_64.tar* version with my IBM AIX P5 mechine.
when i tried to run the command "*WRAPIT wrf_user_fortran_util_0.f" *it's
giving some error at the last line like below, but it successfully completed
the file* "wrf_user_fortran_util_0.so*"*

1501-510  Compilation successful for file wrf_user_fortran_util_0.f.
LINKING
/usr/sbin/lsconf[156]: /usr/lib/boot/bin/dmpdt_chrp: cannot execute
END WRAPIT

Also after that when i tried to run the NCL script it was giving some error
like below
>> ncl WRF-Var_plot.ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2009 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.1.1
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
versa/Deepak>

kindly help me how to resolve it.