[ncl-install] cannot execute binary file

蜜严 ammi06 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 19:20:04 MDT 2010

dear all,
I installed NCL on Linux once before, and can use it successfully.
I reinstalled Linux a few days ago, and now I can't execute ncl.
The source file I downloaded is "ncl_ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_x86_64_gcc412.tar".
I un-tar the file in the directory '/usr/local/ncl', and set environment:

export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local/ncl
?export PATH=/usr/local/ncl/bin:$PATH
?export PATH=~/bin:/usr/bin:/bin/etc:/usr/X11R6/bin/:/usr/
local/bin/:$NCARG_ROOT/bin (I dont know which one to choose, I tried both,
and both were failed.)
export DISPLAY=159.226.108.107:0

The problem I've got is:

Liu:/usr/local/ncl/bin # ncl
-bash: /usr/local/bin/ncl: cannot execute binary file

maybe I've made some stupid mistake. could u please tell me whether I missed
something? and what should I do to deal with it?
thank you in advance!
Yan Mi