[ncl-install] Moving NCL installation directory

Helen Parish hparish at ess.ucla.edu
Sat Jun 12 15:57:43 MDT 2010

I have been using NCL successfully for a while, with it installed in
my home (login) directory. I now want to be able to run the code from
another directory on the same computer.

I have moved the /nc directory to the disk where I want to use the
code from. In my home directory I have changed the statements in
the .cshrc file beginning "setenv NCARG_ROOT"  and "set path =" , to
contain the new directory paths.
However, the command "ncl" is no longer recognised. If I move the /nc
directory back to its original location and replace the new .cshrc
with the old one then ncl works again.

Does anyone know if there is something else I need to do in order to
get ncl working from a new directory ?.

Thanks,
Helen.