[ncl-install] (no subject)

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 21 08:36:07 MST 2010

Ali,

Are you sure about the gcc version being 3.2.3-47?  What does "gcc --
version" report?

The only IA64 binary we have is this one:

NCL 5.1.1 64-bit binary for IA64 chips for LINUX (compiled with gcc
4.1.2)

You can give this a try, or else download the NCL source code and
build from source. You will need to follow the instructions at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

There may be some folks on ncl-install who have built NCL on other
IA64 systems, and might be willing to share their binaries with you.

--Mary