[ncl-install] installing NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Dec 22 16:03:25 MST 2010

Hi Gabriel,

It looks like you've installed an OPeNDAP-enabled version of NCL, but
you either don't have the necessary OPeNDAP libraries on your system
*or* they are in a non-standard location.

You didn't say what kind of laptop you have, but you could try installing
a non-OPeNDAP version of NCL, if you don't need OPeNDAP capabilities.

If such a binary isn't available, or if you need OPeNDAP, then you will need
to find libcrypto.so.0.9.8 on your system. For more information, see:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/linux.shtml#SharedLibraries

Even if you don't have a Linux system, this information might help.

--Mary