[ncl-install] previous versions of NCL

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 8 01:59:20 MDT 2009

Hi Ulas,

All versions of NCL are compatible with NetCDF 3. The last few
versions have also been capable of handling NetCDF 4 classic files.

The current version is 5.1.1, and I recommend you download that
version.

There are instructions for getting the source code at:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/build_from_src.shtml

We recommend downloading a precompiled binary, however, as building
from source code is non-trivial.

--Mary