[ncl-install] Status of NCL under MacOS 10.6 (64-bit)

guangshan chen gchen9 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 02:41:54 MST 2009

Hi Mary,

Now I tested that HDF4 can be installed on MacOS 10.6 by following instruction on http://www.kyngchaos.com/macosx:build:hdf  by "make install".

But It did not pass testing (make check). It stopped at JPEG checking.

I don't know. What is the effect about this error?

After I installed HDF4 by no checking, I have gone to the last step to install vis5d+.
It needs "mesa" library to be first installed. I installed mesa library. But I don't know how to specify the location of mesa library to configure. It seems there is no option. I have sent an email to a vis5d+ maintainer. Hopeful he could give me an answer.

Guangshan