[ncl-install] Fedora 10

Bjorge Solli bjorge.solli at it.uib.no
Tue May 19 08:02:24 MDT 2009

Mary Haley wrote:
> The settings you have below:
>
>   NCARG_ROOT=/usr
>   NCARG_LIB=/usr/share/ncarg
>
> imply that the include files were installed to /usr/include,
> the binaries to /usr/bin, and the libraries to /usr/share/ncarg.
>
> Is this correct? This is a little odd, but it should work
> if the environment variables are set correctly.

This is not odd, but the only way to get a rpm approved for fedora. It
should work, but only if the files actually /are/ in those dirs, which
they are not, hence the rpm-package has a bug and should be corrected by
it's maintainer. The maintainer seems to be[1] Orion Poplawski, which
already has answered to this thread and to me privately. Hopefully he'll
fix the rpm soon.

[1] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=5867

Bjørge