[ncl-install] a warning of 'Get System Resource' in install of ncl 5.1.1

bianh_522 bianh_522 at 163.com
Fri Jul 10 20:27:51 MDT 2009

hi,all:
   The version I use is ncl-ncarg-5.1.1.Linux_i686_gcc432.tar.gz,and I set the environment variables as common,when I execute "ncl",this warning appears
[root at localhost ~]# ncl
 Copyright (C) 1995-2007 - All Rights Reserved
 NCAR Command Language Version 5.0.0
 The use of this software is governed by a License Agreement.
 See http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/ for more details.
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:Unable to load System Resource File (null)
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
fatal:GetSysAppDir:Unable to get a default value for the system App Resource directory
warning:["Resources.c":734]:Unable to set appSysDir to default value - Using NULL
warning:Unable to Get System Resource File Name?
warning:WorkstationClassInitialize:Unable to access rgb color database - named colors unsupported:[errno=2]
warning:["Palette.c":1527]:NhlLoadColormapFiles: Invalid directory encountered in colormap path specification
ncl 0> exit
    How to solve this problem? Anyone encountered this?
my op is
[root at localhost ~]# uname -a
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 #1 SMP Wed May 23 22:35:01 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux