[ncl-install] Fwd: Problems installing NCAR Graphics on Fedora 10

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 29 15:20:26 MST 2009

Joakim,

For the record, the yum NCL installation was not done by us, and I
have no idea what "ncl-devel" and "ncl-examples" are supposed to be.

If you type:

    ls /home/Jocke/Program/NCL

what do you see?

Meanwhile, in order for the command "ncargex -A -list" to work, you
need to make sure the NCARG_ROOT environment variable is set
correctly, and that NCARG_LIB and/or NCARG_BIN are NOT set. It looks
like the yum installation is trying to set some of these environment
variables and not doing it correctly.

>From what you've indicated, I *think* you want NCARG_ROOT
to be set to /home/Jocke/Program/NCL.

--Mary