[ncl-install] NCL5 on kubuntu 8.1

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Tue Feb 10 10:43:03 MST 2009

Andre,

The issue is that this version of NCL was compiled with an older
version of gfortran/gcc, and it depends on an older libgfortran.so.1.

If you have libgfortran.so.1 somewhere on your system, then try
setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to this path.  For
example:

     export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/gfortran/lib

If you don't have this library, then can you wait until we release
V5.1.0 (hopefully 2 weeks)? We will probably have a binary that will
work for you then.

--Mary