[ncl-install] About how to install NCARG GRAPHYSICS from source code in linux system

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 30 16:18:01 MDT 2009

Hi Phillip,

First, if at all possible, I recommend downloading a precompiled
binary for your system, rather than the source tar file.

If you still want the source code, and you got to the page that says
"NCL 5.1.0 source code" and has the line:

   1. NCL/NCAR Graphics 5.1.0 source code		40630811	 NCAR DISK

then you should be able to start downloading the source tar file by
left-clicking anywhere on the blue "NCL/NCAR Graphics 5.1.0 source
code" text.

The same will be true if you decide to download a precompiled NCL
binary.

--Mary