[ncl-install] install ncl

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Thu Jan 31 18:40:10 MST 2008

Hi Julie,

This is the first request I've ever seen for building NCAR Graphics on
a Solaris x86_64 system, so unfortunately we don't have precompiled
binaries available.  Maybe another user out there can step forward?

Meanwhile, we can still try to get the source code built.

I'm not familiar enough with the compilers on a Solaris x86 system,
but I think that you need to tell the GNU compilers that you are
building 64-bit objects. You can do this by including the following in
whatever config file you are using from $NCARG/config:

#define CcOptions -ansi -fPIC -m64
#define FcOptions -fPIC -m64

You'll need to rerun "make Everything" to build everything from scratch.
I'm not sure if this will help, as it's possible that "-m64" is
already the default.

--Mary