[ncl-install] failed to compile ncl

Rick Grubin grubin at ucar.edu
Wed Jan 16 09:57:01 MST 2008

Hi Elad

> While doing so, ncl does not compile due to the following errors:
>
> pgcc -c -DLINUX -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -O  -
> I../../.././include -I/usr/X11R6/include  -DLinux -DMAJOR=2 -
> DBuildHDFEOS     -DSYSV -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE -
> DByteSwapped -DNeedFuncProto  NclHDF.c
>
> PGC-S-0091-Integer constant expression required (NclHDF.c: 66)
[...]

What version of HDF4 do you have installed?  Could you send me how
you configured it?  There should be a "config.log" file
in the HDF source directory that specifies this.

> and it is look like this is the causitive also to:
>
> : undefined reference to `DoTotal'
> wrapit.o(.text+0x4f70): In function `yyparse':
> [...]

This is unrelated; I'll send you a fixed copy of the offending file
offline.

----
Rick Grubin      NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies