[ncl-install] Which linux OS + NCL pairing have others been the happiest with?

Erik Noble enoble at giss.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 9 16:11:27 MST 2008

Hi. Could I have a suggestion for a linux OS other had no issues installing
ncl on?
All I care about is getting NCL to work on a computer with a linux OS on it.

I have latest version of Ubuntu installed on my computer. I ran into the
"libgfortran.so.1" problem that others encountered and have written about in
the ncl archives. I spent many hours trying to get around it, found the file
in a MatLab CD, NCL worked but things do not work correctly.

Instead of tinkering around more trying to find a solution, I just want to
use a linux system that has worked fine for others.
Suggestions?
Sincerely,
Erik