[ncl-install] problem with ncarg

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Apr 11 10:57:25 MDT 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Dimitra Barkouta wrote:
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I had installed ncarg and MM5 successfully using a PGI with
> temporary license.
>
> I bought the license and it seems that I have to rebuild
> everything  from the
> beginning (while the executable do not run any more....).
>
> However,  starting to rebuild NCARG (from scratch)
> I receive the following message:
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `Everything'.  Stop.
>
> What is the problem????? Please help!
>
> Dimitra

Dimitra,

I don't have enough information to go on here, so I'll make some
guesses.

First, you need to be in the top level directory of the NCAR Graphics
source tree in order to  run "make Everything". In the top directory
you should see directories "ncarg2d", "common", and "ncarview" (to
name a few).

Second, before you run "make Everything", you need to run "./
Configure" in order to configure your environment.  When you run
this, it creates a "Makefile" in the $NCARG directory that contains
an "Everything" target.

If you have already made sure of the above and are still having
problems, please give more details, like what are you typing on the
command line and what version of NCAR Graphics you are trying to
install.