[ncl-install] Re: [ncl-talk] Trouble running NCL on Cygwin/X

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 16 10:29:37 MST 2007

Hi William,

For future reference, we now have an "ncl-install" email list for
posting questions like this. I will CC that group instead of ncl-talk.

The error message that you included below seems to indicate
that NCARG_ROOT is not set to /usr/local. It says:

   warning:["Palette.c":1533]:NhlLoadColormapFiles:  Invalid colormap directory:
   /us/lib/ncarg/colormaps

Note the missing "r" in "usr".

If you type "ncargpath lib" what does it report?  Also, if you type
"ls /usr/local/lib/ncarg", do you see any files and directories?

Also, I don't recommend running NCL by typing "bin/ncl". Instead, you
should add $NCARG_ROOT/bin to your search path, and run just "ncl".
See:

   http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/get_started.shtml#SetUpEnvironment

for information on setting up your path.

--Mary