[ncl-install] Hi! I have trouble for installing ncarg v 5.0.0

Rick Grubin grubin at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 31 06:57:31 MST 2007

Hello,

> I have a trouble for installing ncarg v 5.0.0.
> 1. I edit bashrc files
> export NCARG=/usr/local/src/ncl_ncarg-5.0.0
>
> 2. change the directory to ncarg*
> ./Configure -v (default setting)
> make Everything >& make-output &
> tail -f make-output

All of this looks just fine, so far.

> 3.  To check the installation,
> [root at ARL ncl_ncarg-5.0.0]# make Info
>
>         NCAR Graphics - Version  Installation Configuration
>
> System File             LINUX
> Binary Install Directory        /usr/local/ncarg/bin
> Library Install Directory       /usr/local/ncarg/lib
> Include Install Directory       /usr/local/ncarg/include
> Manpage Install Directory       /usr/local/ncarg/man
> Config Install Directory        /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/config
> Data Base Directory     /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/database
> Programmer Doc Dir      /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/doc
> Reloc Obj. Directory    /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/robj
> Examples Directory      /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/examples
> Tutorial Directory      /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/tutorial
> Test Directory          /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/tests
> X App. Def. Directory   /usr/local/ncarg/lib/ncarg/xapp
> f77 Compiler            g77
> f77 Flags               -fPIC -fno-second-underscore -O
> C Compiler              gcc
> cc Flags                -ansi -fPIC -O -I./include-I/usr/X11R6/
> include -DSYSV -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_XOPEN_SOURCE \
> -DByteSwapped -DNeedFuncProto
>
> Does it complete?

To verify if it completed, you will want to examine the output from
the make process, which you specified as

' make-output'

in the command:  make Everything >& make-output &

Please look through 'make-output' first, checking especially for
anything that might have not built correctly.

----
Rick Grubin      NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies
grubin at ucar.edu             303.497.1832