[ncl-install] (no subject)

Rick Grubin grubin at ucar.edu
Fri Dec 7 08:06:06 MST 2007

Hello,

> I have installed ncl_ncarg-5.0.0.linux_i686_gcc3.tar file in linux
> fedora.   I compiled with the following command:
>
> f95 -0 file  file.f  -L/usr/local/lib/ -lncarg -lncarg_gks -
> lncarg_c -lx11 -lm
>
> I get the error:
>
> /usr/bin/ld cannot find -lm

This is not an NCAR Graphics or NCL error; the notation '-lm'
references the system math library, libm.a

Typically your compiler (and loader, /usr/bin/ld) will know where to
find system libraries as part of its 'knowledge' about its environment.

Typically the math library is located in:  /usr/lib/libm.a    so you
could try:

f95 -0 file  file.f  -L/usr/local/lib/ -lncarg -lncarg_gks -lncarg_c -
lx11 -L/usr/lib -lm

I would encourage you to speak with your system administrator for
your host about this; it's usually an error that indicates a problem
with system/compiler installation.

----
Rick Grubin      NCAR/TDD/CISL/VETS
Visualization + Enabling Technologies