[ncarg-talk] Fwd: flight pathway data

Negin S negin513 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 12:24:57 MST 2015

Hi Everyone!

Recently I am working on extracting data along a flight pathway.

I used the following for figuring out grid index of flight data across its
pathway:

nm = getind_latlon2d (lat2d,lon2d, lat, lon)

do k=0,dimsizes(lat)-1
     n = nm(k,0)
     m = nm(k,1)
end

but I also need some help calculating the layer number based on flight
altitude and time step based on flight time.
I could not find any example for extracting data along flight pathway.

Basically what I wanted to do is to extract data along flight pathway from
model output(i.e. wrf-chem output) and write all the variables from model
in a txt file.

I highly appreciate all your helps.

Best Regards,
Negin