[ncarg-talk] Consultation of ctlnal.rb command for handing GrADS files

易路 dg1225033 at smail.nju.edu.cn
Tue Oct 21 20:00:02 MDT 2014

----- 转发邮件 -----
发件人: 易路 <dg1225033 at smail.nju.edu.cn>
收件人: ncarg-talk-owner at ucar.edu
已发送邮件: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:08:42 +0800 (CST)
主题: Consultation of ctlnal.rb command for handing GrADS files

Dear ncarg-talk-owner,
   I'm sorry to disturb you for a problem I met in the use of NCL for handing GrADS files.

   I installed Ruby and ctl2ncl as requried in the part of "A Ruby script to convert GrADS ctl/binary to netCDF"in the website  http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/grads.shtml, since this method can  parse complicated [multiple variables, different dimensionalities, etc] data descriptor files,
and my data just have multiple(2) variales. But I cann't use the ctl2ncl.rb command, it desnot work, this may result from the erro use of ctl2ncl.rb. So, would you pleas pass me an example of applying ctl2ncl.rb command for parsing my GrADS files which have 2 variables.

   My GrADS files are uploaded in the attachments for your better understanding my problem.

   I use the command like this "ctl2ncl.rb -i CtlFileName",but it doesnot work.

Many thanks for your attention and looking for reply!

Thanks a lot!

Yours sincerely Yi.