[NARCCAP-discuss] projecting from rotated pole to other projections

ksampson ksampson at ucar.edu
Thu Oct 29 17:50:07 MDT 2015

Dino,

You might try the Climate Data Operators (CDO) to remap the grid to a
lat-lon grid. I have seen several resources that suggest this solution:

http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Rotated-pole-projection-Netcdf-td5034577.html
     https://code.zmaw.de/boards/1/topics/2665

There are several remap methods to choose from. I also know of one user
who successfully used the following command to remap the WRF-CORDEX runs
from rotated pole to lat/lon:

     cdo -P 8 -remapnn,new_latlon -setgrid,old     in.nc     out.nc

Good luck,

Kevin

--
Kevin Sampson, GISP